RCC service is available
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
One RCC reservation allows as many qualified users as you'd like to join and read captions of your event (conference call or webinar).
The minimum system requirements to use RCC service are:
- A high-speed Internet connection
- Microsoft Windows 10 or newer, or OS X
Step-by-Step Instructions for Reserving RCC
- Get the teleconference bridge phone number and access code, if needed, for your event (conference call or webinar).
- Reserve RCC at least 48 hours in advance (two business days).
We will make our best effort to cover events requested with less than 2 business days’ notice, but that is not guaranteed.
- Complete the online RCC reservation form.
- Within one business day, you will receive an email with the RCC event confirmation number and link.
- Save this RCC confirmation email.
- Approximately 10 minutes prior to the event, the captioner will join the teleconference bridge and be ready to caption the event.
- When you are ready to join your event, click on the link in your RCC confirmation email.
- Begin reading the captions.
- To speak directly to the other attendees during the event, join the teleconference bridge. Otherwise, use the “Message to Captioner” text box on the bottom of the RCC screen.
For the most efficient captioning, please submit information such as names of attendees, agenda, speaker notes and PowerPoints by replying to your RCC confirmation email prior to your scheduled conference call or webinar.
Cancel RCC Reservation
Reply to your RCC confirmation email to cancel your RCC reservation at least 24 hours in advance.
Relay Conference Captioning service is available free of charge to individuals who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or have a speech disability and live or work in South Dakota. If you have a home or work phone number with a verified South Dakota area code and prefix, you are eligible to use this service.