About Relay South Dakota
Relay South Dakota is a FREE public service that provides telephone accessibility to people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech disabled. Simply dial 711 to be connected any time of the day or night.
- You can make calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year – with no restrictions on length or number of calls placed.
- A Communications Assistant will translate between the two different phones, speaking aloud whatever is typed, so the standard phone user can hear it, and typing whatever is said, so the text telephone user can read it.
- Service is available in English and Spanish.
- Calls can be made through a range of devices from caption phones and TTYs (Text Telephones) to computers, tablets, mobile phones and even ordinary phones using amplifier devices.
- According to federal law, all conversations are kept private and confidential. No records of any conversations are maintained.
Relay Numbers To Know
All Services: 711
Customer Service: 877-866-8950
Speech-to-Speech (STS): 877-981-9744
Spanish Service: 877-981-9743
Voice Carry Over (VCO): 877-981-2117
Hearing Carry Over (HCO): 800-877-1113
Don’t Hang Up on Relay Service
Many times, people hang up on Relay calls because they think the Communications Assistant is a telemarketer. If you hear, “Hello this is the Relay service…” when you pick up the phone, please don’t hang up! You are about to talk to a person who is deaf, hard-of-hearing or has a speech disability.